I have learned a lot about blogging in such a short time. I have also learned that it is important to make friends within the personal finance blogging community. So many people have helped me and I thank everyone! One of my fellow bloggers recommended that I take the Yakezie Challenge… I said the what? I was told that it was a challenge to help others, build relationships and to increase readership to my blog. Here is what I had to do to accept the challenge as posted on the Yakezie website:
TO JOIN THE YAKEZIE ALEXA RANKING CHALLENGE
- Install the Alexa toolbar if not already and comment what your current Alexa ranking is, so we can keep track. Alexa is a dynamic website ranking and information company owned by Amazon, which has over 40 million users world wide. The tool bar is free, and easy to download.
- Write consistently 2-4 times a week on your own site and consider guest posting around the community including on Yakezie.com to raise your profile.
- Install the Yakezie Challenger Badge.
- Announce on your blog that you have joined the Yakezie Challenge.
- Selflessly promote others and build relationships.
- Stay committed and consistent over the next 6 months! Whether you are a huge blog or a start-up, everybody most go through a 6 month Challenge period to ensure that we build the best relationships possible.
- Come introduce yourself on the Yakezie Challengers Forum and get to know your fellow Challengers and Members.
- Once the 6-month challenge is over, let us know how far you’ve come in the forums, on your blog, and via an e-mail. If you’ve developed good relationships, broken 200,000 in Alexa, and are ready for the next step, we will invite you to submit a form and write your Yakezie Member Post and become an official member.
The Yakezie Alexa Ranking Challenge is pretty straight forward. If you’re outside of the top 200,000 in Alexa traffic rank, get in the top 200,000 within 6 months. If you’re already in the top 200,000, get in the top 100,000 and if you’re already in the top 100,000, get in the top 50,000 and so on and so forth…
I had installed the Alexa tool bar a few weeks ago just to see if I could get some idea where my blog ranked. After I installed the toolbar, I looked and my Alexa traffic rank and I was at 16.2 million! To say the least, I was ranked up there with domain names that do not have websites…LOL As of today, my Alexa traffic rank is now 1,146,884 million and a US traffic rank of 94,452. That is much better than before but it isn’t great. That is where the challenge come in. I accept this challenge to promote others, build relationships and increase The Angry Millionaire’s readership. I will keep everyone updated on my progress!