As I sit here, it finally dawns on me that it is almost the middle of October. Where is 2011 going? It is blowing right by at a high rate of speed… Where is the cop when you need one? (Pun intended) There never seems to be enough time in a day to complete what you set put to do for the day. Many distractions… I need more focus. Anyone know where I can buy some focus at a good price? The one thing I do love about writing this blog is that I feel like I am held
responsible accountable, by you, my readers. I am being held accountable for not only writing this blog, but also to complete the goals I set for myself. Goals will be completed, deferred, deleted and added. It is a good checks and balances system. You all really keep me in line and on track. Anyway… ramblings aside…
September 2011 goals – Recap
- COMPLETED - Get caught up on my back taxes and assess the financial damage. By not taking care of business, it will cost me $$. I will blog more about this shortly.
I have filed all of my back tax paperwork and have received a bill from the IRS for $5347.33 – OUCH That seriously hurt but at least I am caught up to date. I am just waiting for the state of Virginia to send me what I owe them. It should be around $1000.00
- COMPLETED - Celebrate my 38th birthday with friends and family on September 20th.
I enjoyed my birthday with a nice dinner at a nice Thai restaurant.
- IN PROGRESS - Get my weight back under control with diet and exercise
I am working out again, but not as much as I want. Time for a new goal for October.
- FAILED – Sell unneeded items such as extra cameras, cds, dvds…etc. I need Craiglist and eBay to become my new best friends.
I listed 1 thing on Craigslist and didn’t follow up on it. I guess I will try my hand at eBay. I used it a long time ago and did pretty well with it. I guess since I owe the KGB, I mean IRS almost $5400.00 I really need to sell stuff. I will also list things here on my blog. Keep an eye out for nice things for sale at awesome prices!
- IN PROGRESS – Down size more. Sort, give, sell…items stored in boxes are not doing me any good but taking up space.
More boxes got sorted and items were donated or trashed. I have some things to sell and that will come soon…
October 2011 – Goals – I realized the month is almost half over so I guess I will have to work extra hard to get things done. Here is what I have planned
- Continue working on getting my weight under control by working out at least 3 times a week.
- List items for sale on this blog and eBay and forward the proceeds to the KGB…I mean IRS…
- Feng Shui – Feng what??? I really need to rearrange and organize my office. It still feels very cluttered and harmony of productivity is not flowing as well as it should.
- Investigate a new theme for The Angry Millionaire blog. I am not liking the notebook theme as well as I thought. I want something more crisp, clean and more in sync with the ideas I write about.
How are your goals for October coming? Any major goals about to be complete? Let me know! I want to hear from you.
To your financial health – Martilyo!